Y12SR-The Yoga of 12-Step Recovery
's Leadership Training is designed for yoga teachers wanting to work with the recovery population. It is also found to be extremely relevant and helpful for therapists, counselors, social workers, probation officers and others with a desire to understand how the ancient philosophies and practices of yoga align with the 12-step program of recovery.
In the Y12SR Leadership Training teaches participants to:
• Create safe, sacred, open, inclusive space that welcomes all those dealing with their own addictive behavior or are affected by the addictive behavior of others.
• Understand the 12-step process of addiction recovery as well as recognizing the symptomology of unresolved trauma, and a dys-regulated nervous system.
• Use yoga and its practices to provide relapse prevention tools and sustainable ways for managing internal states.
• Take advantage of teachable moments, help resolve ambivalence and work with those who are struggling emotionally.
• Use social learning theory to model new behavior through observational learning.
• Recognize the traps of projection, transference, countertransference, boundary violation, spiritual bypass, arrogance.
• Work collaboratively within the group setting and with institutions.
• Develop a network of professionals including trauma experts and others in the addiction/recovery treatment field.
SIGN UP: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=1977&stype=-8&sView=day&sLoc=0&sTrn=100000185&date=11%2F16%2F18
To be a certified Y12SR Leader, you must complete both the Y12SR Leadership Training and Y12SR Intensive, which is now available online. We suggest taking the Online Intensive prior to Leadership Training. For more information please visit https://y12sr.com
or call 317.691.3270
— Miami Shores Studio:
9537 NE 2nd Ave. Miami Shores, FL 33138
Friday 12:30-6:30 (6 hours)
Sat 12:30-6:30 (6 hours)
Sunday 12:30-6:30 (6 hours)
Investment $350.00 Before October 16th. After, $375.00
| Led by Y12SR Founder, Nikki Myers Yoga
Born out of her personal struggles with addiction, Nikki is a co-founder of the acclaimed Y12SR-The Yoga of 12-Step Recovery
program, featured in the New York Times and Yoga Journal. She is quick to tell the world,‘The 12-step program and Yoga saved my life – one is my lifeboat, the other my launching pad’.
Nikki is an accomplished teacher and practitioner on the path of Yoga. A unique focus of her path has been the integration of yoga in healing. In fact, Nikki came to yoga in the midst of her own health crisis, but quickly realized yoga was centering and firmly grounding her in a sacred space that allowed healing to happen far beyond the physical under the leadership of Gary Kraftsow, where she received certification as a Viniyoga Teacher and continues as a Yoga Therapist in training. She is currently a second year student in Somatic Experiencing, the distinguished trauma healing program under the directorship of Peter Levine. Nikki's studies led her to:The American Viniyoga Institute, l and cancer certification with Nischala Devi and she regularly assists and co-teaches with her sister/friend Seane Corn at workshops and conferences across the U.S. She is a regional leadership ‘Diva’ for Off The Mat, Into The World and her extensive travels have lead her to joyous work/study in Africa, Cambodia, India, Thailand and more.