Hans, who passed away on Thanksgiving weekend in 2014, owned FootWorks along with his wife Laurie. In 2015, we ran on Thanksgiving in his honor and want to continue the tradition. There were just about 20 of us back then. The run swelled to 435 in 2016 and 460 in 2017!
The 3.8 mile run or walk will begin on Hans Huseby Run. This is 57 Ct on Sunset Dr on the west side of FootWorks.
Don't forget to wear your TeamFootWorks shirts for the group photo
* Thanksgiving Thursday November 22nd
* 5724 Sunset Dr across from the Barnes & Noble
* FREE parking until 9:00am!
NO ENTRY FEES!
This is a free event. But please RSVP by clicking http://haku.ly/3fe3f7
so we know how many mimosas to plan for. Yes! Mimosas will be waiting for you at the finish.
* It's FREE, but please RSVP here
* The Fun Run course won't be crowded
* Free parking until 9am
• 6:15am: Meet at FootWorks, 5724 Sunset Dr. There's free curbside parking until 9am. Bathrooms will be open upstairs. Exit through the store's back door and go left to find the stairs.
• 6:50am to 6:55am: Laurie will address the crowd of over 400!
• 6:56am to 7:04am: Group photo in front of the Hans Huseby Rd sign (By the Spris). Wear your TeamFootWorks shirts please. (We'll have extra shirts just in case)
• 7:05am: 3.8ish mile run begins Run or walk or both. Go as far as you'd like. Turn around at 80th Street for about 1 mile, turn around at Dante Fascell Park for about 2 miles, and going right instead of left to the railing will make it about 3.
* The course will be marked with yard signs, arrows made of flour on the street, and through the RunGo App.
• 7:45am: Mimosas back at the store
• 8:15am: Go Enjoy Thanksgiving with your families
Please remind your friends to RSVP. We want to make sure we have enough Sake and Mimosas. Here's the link: